When I received DecoArt's Americana Decor Chalky Finish line I had two cigar boxes that was just calling it's name. First I want to say that I LOVE this paint. It goes on most surfaces and I LOVE The color selection:
I will also make mention that these paints are currently exclusively available from HomeDepot.com. This is my redecorated Cigar Box.....
Here is what it took to create this...
MATERIALS LIST: DecoArt Americana Decor Chalky Finish (Everlasting, Vintage, Souvenir, Delicate, Innocence, Escape, New Life, Enchanted, Inheritance, Remembrance), Decoart Americana Decor Stencil (Distressed Harlequin), Americana Decor Light Satin Varnish, Sand Paper, Sharpie, 3B Charcoal Pencil
Step by Step Instructions:
- Paint cigar box with Americana Deco Chalky Finish (Everlasting)
- Paint coat of Americana Deco Chalky Finish (Vintage)
- Sand between layers to expose the white
- Paint flower designers with Amiercana Deco Chalky Finish (Everlasting)
- Add detail colors of flowers with Americana Deco Chalky Finish (Souvenir, Delicate, Innocence, Escape, New Life, Enchanted, Inheritance, Remembrance)
- Add doodle details with Sharpie Black pen and 3B Charcoal Pencil.
- Add design with Decoart Americana Decor Stencil (Distressed Harlequin)
- Coat final project with Americana Decor Light Satin Varnish to protect project.
So simple to take a plain black cigar box to a piece of art.