My life as an artist has been a long and fulfilling one and always just beginning. Whether it was drawing, painting, scrapbooking, photography it is always evolving. At times I felt trapped by deadlines and what I should be doing to "get ahead". The quest for the perfect photos kept me from taking more. Or comparing my path to another person's path and feeling like I did not measure up. Today I look at my desk and it is filled with projects that I love and define where I am today (just where I need to be).....
- My handmade canvas journals which represents Monday and doing what I love every Monday with a fantastic group of artists. LIVE TONIGHT!
- (3) matching commissioned pieces that I am putting the finishing touches on.
- A card for three art shows I was invited to be in during October and November.
In life and in Art these things are important......
- Appreciate what YOU have.
- Focus on things that truly matter to YOU.
- Define your own meaning of life, and pursue it.
- Embrace life’s challenges.
- Find the balance that allows you to be who you truly are.
- Limit your time with negative people.
- Treat others the way you want to be treated.
- Set a good example.
- Accept what is, and live for the possibilities that lie ahead.
- Be willing to change.......embrace it.
Funny how your desk can tell a story about where you are right now. Sometimes you need to look at that desk and see if it is cluttered with things you don't want or filled with things that fulfill you.
This art on on this desk is...mine to share, my path to walk, my passion......back to my desk.
Have a great Monday.
"True friendship and true love do sustain the tests of distance and time."